I don’t want to receive regular emails about your products and services
1. How long have you worked for Oliver Wight? This will be my first year and I am very pleased to be joining the team. I have been associated with Oliver Wight for over 15 years as a customer and I have worked alongside them as an independent consultant for the last 2 years, so it doesn’t feel like my first year.
2. What is your background? I was a Chemical Engineer originally and have been lucky enough to hold some fairly senior roles in the Chemical and Pharmaceutical industries over the last 25 years. My last role before becoming a consultant was as the Managing Director of a large Pharmaceutical Company in the UK, which achieved a Class A milestone in Planning and Control with the help of Oliver Wight.
3. What does your day-to-day job involve? My daughter once wrote in her school homework book that “My Dad travels around the world helping people do their jobs better.” While there is more to it than this, I haven’t been able to come up with a better description.
4. What is your favourite part of the job? The tipping point when an organisation that I am working with really starts to believe that they can be better than they ever imagined possible. When people tell me how their jobs have become so much more interesting and challenging as a result of the work we have done together.
5. What is your idea of a utopian workplace? An environment where people feel inspired to do things that they did not believe were possible. Also, an environment where people have fun and love coming to work. In my experience people that love their jobs tend to be the ones that drive change and inspire organisations to be better.
6. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be? Practical. Persistent. Persuasive.
7. What is your favourite saying? Common sense is not that common.
8. What would people be surprised to know about you? I am actually quite introverted. I get energised by being alone, taking long walks, taking time out to reflect on things. Then I come back with energy, with a plan, with resolve and with action that appears extroverted.
9. What is your biggest achievement? – Professional and/or personal. Personally it would be my family. Professionally, joining Oliver Wight.